Monday, January 5, 2015

Chalkboard Challenge-MDSM96

Happy Monday!  I'm back with another post, this time for our 96th challenge over at MDS Monday!  We have a few changes over there, so be sure to click the link and read all about it.  This week we have a different sort of challenge.... not a sketch, but rather a themed challenge.  We want you to work your chalkboard magic.  We've posted a couple links in the main blog post, so check those out and then be sure to link up in our gallery!  We absolutely love seeing what you're up to in MDS!


So for this challenge I decided to not make a scrapbook layout, but rather just a small piece of art for my daughter's bedroom.  We are planning a surprise bedroom makeover for her 10th birthday which is coming up in a few weeks... and we are trying to keep it on the down low.... ssshhhhh!  So far she suspects nothing!  Hopefully we can pull this off again... we did a surprise bedroom redo for our oldest daughter a couple years ago when she turned 10 and it turned out perfectly.... so we'll be all hush hush now like we were then, and see if we can do it again!  I'll be sure to share pictures afterwards!  Anyway... back to the challenge... I bought a cute frame and wanted to make some chalkboard art to put in it.  I thought this would be a great little quote to see first thing in the morning when she (hey, we could all use this reminder!) wakes up.


It's a pretty simple project, and you could really put any words in there.  Just do a search online for cool quotes and the like!  I'll link here to a couple other chalkboard art projects I've made and posted in the past!  Here's a couple I made for a grandparents album for my parents.... here... and here's another I just made recently for my sister in law and her hubby to announce their pregnancy on Facebook.  I've also got a few 12 x 12 layouts that I've made with chalkboard paper as the background... here, here and here.  There are more, but these are my favourites.  If you want to see all my MDS layouts and find them all in there, you can click this link to do that!

Challenge Guidelines:















-Please create a new MDS project for the current challenge.
-Provide a link back to MDS Monday or use the challenge graphic above within your post.
-Link directly to your post for this challenge, not your entire blog. (So we can find your project)
-You can create a card, scrap page or 3-D Object with the sketch.
-The challenge will end on Saturday, January 10th @ 12pm EST.
-Have fun!  











 I hope you'll be inspired to play along at MDS Monday... go check out what the other designers have created... there's so much inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by!





 





xo Anita

1 comment:

Tami Hewlett said...

Love the saying! What a great idea for artwork for your daughter's room.