Monday, August 18, 2014

WooHoo! (PMDC-051)



Hello Monday!  I've got a real quick post for you today to start the week off with some MDS.  I polished off my girls' books for 2012-2013... and it feels so good having done that!  So there'll be a couple more layouts to show you over the next few days!

I used the colour combo from the Pixel Maven as a starting off point for this layout... and decided to change my pictures to black and white... despite having the blackboard as a background.  These pictures were taken at night and were all sorts of weird colours and lighting... so I ran with it!
 Pixel Maven's DigiChallenge (PMDC-051) Color challenge runs 8/15/14 - 7/25/14. Play along with us at www.pmretreat.com/pmdc @PMRetreat #pixelmaven #mydigitalstudio
Above are the challenge colours.... I chose to use Melon Mambo... and below is my layout!

I found a layout from Jeanna Bahannon where she used these little squares filled with DSP, and I liked that idea... so gave it a whirl!  I really like the way it turned out!  I've done a few layouts now with the blackboard as my background DSP, and it's really growing on me!

Stay tuned for more layouts this week!

xo Anita

2 comments:

Kris said...

WOW! Great use of the colors. Love your layout, too. Thanks so much for playing with us.

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic layout! The DSP squares kinda remind me of Project Life. And it's just stunning how the colors pop against the chalkboard background!

Thanks for playing with us at Pixel Maven's - we hope to see you around again soon!