Monday, May 19, 2014

Sending Good Thoughts-FM160, CQC#241



Hello again!  This'll be my third post today, but I wanted to get this posted before my day got away on me!  I was inspired by the totally fun colour combo over at ColourQ and the challenge at Friday Mashup to make a get well card with their sketch.


Unfortunately I can't even just add this card to my stash.  We need to cheer up a young family member who ended up in the hospital last week, and finally after a few days of tests they discovered an infection.  I believe he's still in the hospital. but will hopefully return home this week sometime.

Here's my card...


I started with a base of Pool Party, on which I embossed the Dictionary stamp in Pool Party EP.  I stamped my Chocolate Chip layer with the Hardwood stamp and heat embossed my sentiment with Gold EP on a Pool Party banner.  Topped it off with one of my many, many buttons, and a little linen thread... and wah-la... DONE!

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to take a peek!  Seeya later!

xo Anita

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, the embossing of the dictionary background is quite striking, and I love the contrast the Chocolate Chip provides!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful, beautiful details, Anita! I love the subtle embossing in the background. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Tara Bourgoin said...

I just love that embossed background! So many fun patterns and textures - what a wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week :)