Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thinking of You - CCMC284, FM141



Hello!  I had a very few minutes this morning to make a card!  I did not manage to get it done before it was time to pick up my youngest from preschool, so I did it up here in the kitchen while she chatted it up with a little friend from preschool who is here for the afternoon!  Phew.... they are three... going on thirteen!  Little divas!

Anyway... despite their chatter and occasional 'difference of opinion' I have managed to finish my card and post it here!  I used the sketch from The Friday Mashup! and the fresh colour combo from Create With Connie and Mary.  They worked perfectly together!  I used a retired stamp that I had actually never used, but made me think of spring (which I am already looking forward to!) and I watercoloured it, using the challenge colours... I snuck that black in by inking the stamps with it!




CCMC284

Here's my simple card!  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!


Fresh, fun, bright and springy... don't you think?  And by the way... I have one of those Africa bikes that are so sturdy and comfortable, you feel like you are sitting on a couch.... I kid you not!  I bought it on Craigslist, but it is this ugly flat black colour... well... I've got a vision for it this coming spring!  My hubby bought a professional paint sprayer last summer and I think I see some of this Bermuda Bay on my bike... or maybe Coastal Cabana... haven't decided!  He assures me it is possible... but it will be a ton of work taking it completely apart and then re-assembling it afterwards!  Hopefully we don't forget any parts!

Anyway... enjoy the rest of your day!  Thanks for looking!

xo Anita

5 comments:

Deb said...

Such a sweet card! Your watercoloring is brilliant! I love it! And I am looking forward to the day when it will be warm enough to ride a bike - lol!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous card! I love the water coloring on the bike, looks great with those colors! Thanks for joining us for the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Super great job with the watercoloring! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Mary Brown said...

What a great card! LOVE the idea of a Bermuda Bay bike! (Say that one fast a few times!) Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What a bright and cheery thinking of you card, Anita. Your water coloring and colors are lovely. Thanks for playing with us this week at the Friday Mash.
Sara