Monday, January 6, 2014

Chalkboard Art - PP177



I've got some chalkboard art for you today that I created in MDS.  I used a quote that I found online somewhere.  Sorry, I have no idea who or where to credit... I just googled 'grandchildren quotes' and it came up.  This is one of those fun little things you can buy one of those neat frames for (you know... THOSE neat frames!) and keep it on  display on your kitchen counter or your desk... anywhere really!  Anyway, I should also say that I of course don't have grandchildren, but I made this for my Mom and Dad... and will probably print another one for my in-laws... I know they would love it too!

I am linking up with The Paper Players today for their 'Clean Slate' challenge.  Go check out all the awesome samples the design team has created.  So much inspiration there!

Here's my project!


Hope you like it!  I have to admit... I was PRETTY PROUD of it when all was said and done!  Anyway... usually when you do that, get too proud I mean, your computer will crash or something, so... knock on wood!  I spent alot of time looking online for suitable fonts, downloading dingbat fonts and then trying to figure out which letters went with which dingbat I wanted exactly!  Yep... lots of fun!

Here's another one I made (a few weeks ago) for the cover of the Brag Book I made for my parents.  This one is showing through the front cover picture cut out (about 2"x4") from a Costco photo book. It's pretty simple, but I was equally proud of it when done!  I just thought I would show it to you as well!


That's it for me... SarahLynn has decided she isn't napping today... hopefully all her nap-less days in the Christmas break haven't formed a habit, and made her decide she is done with them for good!  Her naps is when I get my card-making done!  (fingers crossed!)

xo Anita

4 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Anita, these are fabulous! I can't believe you created them in MDS--they look just like a chalkboard. Great job and I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

Great MDS work, Anita! You did a fabulous job creating your chalkboard images, you should be proud! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Shelley said...

Wow Anita! I know how much work that involves finding fonts. This is incredible and worth the effort!

LeAnne said...

Oooh, these are very cool! And I know just what you mean about stamping during nap time! Hope she gets back in the nappin' groove! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!