Monday, September 16, 2013

PP163, PPA171, FMS103

Hello... Happy Monday!  It's the start of a brand new work week... so I'll just get the show on the road here, as I have lots of fun things to do.... and some not so fun.... my Big Shot bit the dust this weekend.  It is five years old, so it was bound to happen sometime.  My husband took it all apart and found that it needs a couple new parts.... so we'll see what that costs!!!! (fingers crossed!)

I am linking up with three challenges today.  I needed to make a birthday card for my niece, she'll be having a birthday in a couple weeks, so I played along at the Paper Players with their CAS For Kids challenge!  I used the Freshly Made Sketch and the fresh colour combo from the Pals Paper Arts.  

Here's my card!


It's a pretty easy card to replicate... and I have to be honest.... I am not totally happy with this because I had wanted to run the card base through the Big Shot with an embossing folder.... but ALAS.... BROKEN BIG SHOT!!!  Boo hoo!  So I went ahead with the sponging and no embossing, and I guess it looks alright, but still.... you know when you had something different pictured in your mind, right?



PPA171


Now... go check out those blogs for yourself, get inspired by all the crafty creations, and link up your own card or project!  Thanks for taking the time to look at mine!

Have a great week!  xo Anita

4 comments:

Rae said...

Great job turning this project into a real party card with the banner. Thank you for playing at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Just a Thought... said...

Fabulous job!! Very fun!! Thank you for playing at Pals Paper Arts this week!!

Ann Schach said...

What a cute card! You did a fabulous job combining the challenges. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players and with Pals Paper Arts!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a cheerful card! I love all of the layers and the ruffled ribbon adds a fun touch. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players for my "CAS Kids" challenge. :)