Thursday, September 19, 2013

JUGS206, HSSCC168

Hello again!  I'm back for just a quick sec before I go round up all the school kids in the bus again!  My little junior pre-schooler is all tuckered out after her morning at preschool, so I tucked her happily in bed and there she shall remain till I wake the little sweetie!  Works perfectly for me... more time "working" in my office!

I really wanted to play along at the "Just Us Girls" challenge site this week.  They had a great technique that I wanted to give a whirl, and I loved Marisa Ritzen's card that she made using it, so I went right ahead and used the same stamp set.  Love that set, by the way!   I have followed Marisa's blog for a few years and always love her cards... and she's a Beautiful British Columbian.... just like me!  Just an hour or so down the road!

Anyway... on to what you are here for!  Here's my card!


I used the colours from the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge.  I could have gone Christmas with them, but decided to be different!  Flowers that I stamp are the only ones that survive around me... I have definitely not inherited my mother's green thumb!  My husband is the gardener around here, and if I do happen to touch something in the garden... it seriously dies!  Failure to thrive or something!

The grid technique was really fun to do... the end result is somewhat imperfect when you stamp over it... which is really quite perfect for me!  I stamped the grass in Baked Brown Sugar very lightly, this is like third generation stamping!  I coloured the flowers with my SU! markers and did the whole "huffing" thing... which made me feel somewhat light headed!  It's a big stamp!  Some ruffled trim and ribbons, a sentiment from the Six-Sided Sampler on a flag banner.... and I was done!  Easy peasy!
    

I have also decided to try out for the JUGS design team.  I love being crafty and getting inspired by other people, and like to think that maybe others could be inspired by me!  Isn't that what this is all about?  Sharing our love of papercrafting, learning by doing and helping others love it as well?  I also love all the new 'friends' I make by doing this!  I love to share and share what I love!  

Wish me luck!

Thanks for looking!  Have yourself a fabulous day!

xo Anita

7 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Love that set too and your card is very pretty! Love the colors! And we love Marisa's talent as well! :-) Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Elise said...

OOoooooowww! THIS is sooooooo pretty! {Love those stamps! Some of the BEST, ever!} Great use of technique and your TALENT! Thanks for sharing your crafty time with Just Us Girls!

brrenwick said...

I LOVE this card! The grid technique is so cool and you used the HSS so well! Thanks for joining us at HSS this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a fun use of the grid technique!! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Pretty!!! Love the grid technique!!! The color challenge worked perfect for your card!!! Love the ribbon accents!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

inkypinkies said...

Cool grid card - I often forget to use techniques, and that adds lots of interest to the big floral stamp. I had to giggle when you said you could have "gone Christmas on us"! Haha! The combo worked so well for you, I love your card. Thanks so much for playing at HSS! ~ Erika

Nancy said...

You hit this out of the park!!! So glad you joined us over at Just Us Girls! We love Marisa!!!