Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CCMCFALL13-03, FM127, SSSC193

Hello again!  In between bus runs, groceries, preschool and ortho appointments, I still managed to make a card for a friend of mine!  Unfortunately, the grandmother of one of my close friends passed away last week, and I wanted to be sure to send her a card to let her know that we are thinking about her and her family in this time.

When I saw the challenge on the Friday Mashup, I knew I needed to just sit down and make some time to do it right then.  I used the beautiful colour combo from Create With Connie and Mary, and the current Sweet Sunday sketch challenge for more jumping off points.  My card came together pretty easily.  I love that when that happens... and playing along with challenges seems to make it happen!

CCMCFALL13-03

 
 
 Here's my card!


My Big Shot is still not fixed, so I had to cut around this stamp... but hey, I think it worked out just fine!  The colour combo is perfect for this card... it seems sort of warm and caring... am I weird or what?  I used dimensionals to pop the sentiment part of the stamp up off the Soft Sky panel, and then used more dimensionals to pop the Chocolate Chip panel off the Chocolate Chip DSP.  

Thanks so much for looking.  Leave me a comment letting me know what you think about my card, and so that I can check out your blog and we can be friends!  Have a great 'rest of the week'!!

xo Anita

PS... the little glittery things at the bottom of my picture is NOT dust!!!  Apparently the little sparklies in my black fabric are very visible in photos!  I cannot promise that there isn't dust everywhere else in my house though!!!

3 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful layered sentiment! It really draws the eye. I like your little fabric sparkles. :) Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Mary Brown said...

Just stunning! I love how those little touches of yellow just makes your whole card pop! Thanks for joining the Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection 2013 Saturday Challenge!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What beautiful layers and great use of our challenge colors! Glad you joined us at Create with Connie & Mary!