Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Way To Go!!! CCMC258, FabFri21

I found a little time here and there over the last couple days to make another card.  I wanted to make a card for one of my dearest cousins.  Shellie just graduated from a Registered Nurse program, and I had seen a little owl dressed as a nurse on Pinterest, so this was my chance to make it!  She turned out so cute... I made another one for a get well card. (I don't have any more cousins becoming nurses right now... that I know of anyway!)  But I'll show you the one I made for Shellie.


I used the colour combo from this week's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary and I also played along with the FabFriday sketch challenge.  This one was a first time for me, and of course I loved it!  Playing along with challenges can really get your creative juices flowing!



CCMC258


Here's the card I came up with using the colour combo and sketch, and my little owl nurse as inspiration!  What a cutie, huh?


Please excuse the picture quality.  I just took this picture at 10:45 pm, so there's not exactly an abundance of natural light around here right now...  but you get the idea!  

I used an old stamp set that I've had hanging around, called Starring You.  I think I got it the year that SU! included stamp sets from the main catalogue in Sal-A-Bration.  This is probably the first time I ever used it.  I use plenty of retired things in my craft room, since I am a "hobby" demo, or to be blunt... a 'discount' demo!

Thanks for looking!  Be sure to click the links to the challenge sites and check out what the DT's and everyone else is linking up!  Let me know what you think of my 'nurse-y owl'!  Have a great day!

9 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

Such an adorable little Nurse Owl! Nothin' wrong with using retired products - your Cousin will LOVE it! Thanks for joining us in the Color Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh this turned out absolutely DARLING and what a major accomplishment for her! Getting your RN is NOT easy! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute...love how you used the owl for a grad card instead of a get well! So awesome! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

What a sweet card! Love how you dressed up the owl! Great way to use the challenge colors, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love how you've brought all these images and shapes together to create a personalized card to celebrate your cousin's achievement!! I know she will just love and appreciate that it is handmade with love from you! Thank you for joining us for the Create with Connie and Mary challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

I am sure your cousin loved this card, it's so cute! I like the texture and layering underneath the owl. So glad you joined us for the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Amy O said...

What a perfect card for the occasion! Isn't that one of the things we love about making our own cards? That owl is too cute! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Marla Reed said...

This is so cute and perfect for your cousin as she begins her nursing career! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

What a perfect card to celebrate your cousin's achievement! Since there probably aren't a ton of nursing stamps out there kudos to you for coming up with an adorable themed card for her! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!