Friday, July 5, 2013

MDSM20

I'm just squeaking in under the deadline at MDS Monday this week.  I guess with the kids home for summer break my creative time is actually quite a bit more limited then I anticipated!  Oh well.... all these hours spent relaxing around my in-laws pool feels pretty good too!  I want to get this posted before supper though, so I'll get to it.

Here's the sketch challenge.  Truthfully, I really battled with this one... partly because I only had little scraps of time here and there to work on it, and partly because my mojo just went missing this week!



Here's my layout based on the sketch. 



I added a half circle for journalling.  The background is from the Downtown Grunge Photobook Kit to resemble a paper bag!  This brown bagging issue is a real laugh between my husband and I.  We both remember growing up and always having to take "our own food" with on day trips and then sitting at picnic tables eating it, smelling all these burgers and fries from the concession stands nearby.  Now we are the ones taking our own lunches with and our kids are the ones wondering why we never get to buy food at the concessions!  It's probably an endless cycle I think! 

Anyway, thanks for looking!  Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

beth rush said...

really nice page. I like your paper choices and all the stitching! so glad you got your page up in time to join us this week!!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Your page is fabulous - I love the colours and the ribbon on the top and the bottom. Great interpretation of the sketch... hard to believe you were missing some mojo ;) Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday!

Heidi Baks said...

What a wonderful mix of papers you have chosen! I love the brown paper background and the fun grungy scotch tape - very "what's on hand" picnic feel. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.