Friday, June 14, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #90

I had some time to make a card this morning, and my starting point was this great sketch I found on the Freshly Made Sketches blog.  That, paired with a beautiful colour combination I spotted on page 105 in the new SU! catalogue, made my card come together surprisingly easy!

Here's the sketch for this week!
 
I started my card with a base of Summer Starfruit, did some very subtle spritzing on the background (so subtle in fact, that now that I see the picture, I see you don't even notice it... but it is there!) and layered some Comfort Cafe DSP and Night of Navy CS.  I stamped my vintage bicycle in embossing ink and used some Pool Party embossing powder to add a little zing.  In retrospect I wish I would have done that part a little different because the Pool Party is a little light against the white doily, but it still looks VERY pretty in real.  I finished with some Pumpkin Pie ribbon and a couple of Pool Party buttons and VOILA! a really, really nice card in not too much time at all!  The colour combo is stunning in real life.  I think I will try it on one of my next scrapbook layouts.

Here's my card...


Thanks for taking the time to look.  Have a fabulous Friday... and hopefully a restful weekend.  My husband is taking part in a local Father's Day Fishing Derby with our oldest daughter, so I am home with the two youngest.... and plan on making lots of cards and doing some scrapbooking... maybe  of the fishing derby photos!  We'll see if they catch anything!

3 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Such a lovely card! The embossing on the doily is very pretty! You are right, this will be a great scrapbook layout. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that image fits perfectly! So pretty!

Amy O said...

Love the stamping directly on the doily! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us Freshly Made Sketches this week!